Sunday, July 29, 2007

Food Stuff Consumption And Miscellany

Saturday, July 28, 2007

1 hash brown (net wt. 2.5 oz.)
lg coffee (light/sweet)
1 sausage/egg/cheese on longroll sandwich
1 pretzel (mustard)
3 pints of lager (*)
glass of fountain coke
2 double cheeseburgers (McDonalds)
sm order of french fries (McDonalds)
double shot of espresso
3 pints of lager (*) diff. location
plastic cup of fountain coke
2 pints of lager (*) diff. location
bag of pretzels (net wt. 1 1/4 oz.)
1 med. mocha coffee (12 fl. oz.)
1 bottle of lager (diff. location)
slightly more than a pack of cigarettes

(*) additional pint(s) of lager


Did You Know?

"Just 1% of gun stores sell 57% of weapons seized in crimes nationwide."

info via New York Daily News editorial (Sat. 7-28-07)



3fer Sunday:


Ice-Fishing

Not thinking other than how the hand works
I wait until dark here on the cold
world rind, ice-curved over simplest rock
where the tugged river flows over hidden
springs too insidious to be quite forgotten.

When the night comes I plunge my hand
where the string of fish know their share
of the minimum. Then, bringing back my hand
is a great sunburst event; and slow
home with me over unmarked snow

In the wild flipping warmth of won-back thought
my boots, my hat, my body go.


William Stafford



Don't Sign Anything

Riding the horse as was my wont,
there was a bunch of cows in a field.

The horse
chased

them. I likewise, an uneasy
accompanist.

To wit, the Chinese proverb goes:
if you lie in a field

and fall asleep,
you will be found in a field

asleep.


Robert Creeley



a politician is an arse upon

a politician is an arse upon
which everyone has sat except a man


E. E. Cummings



all three poems excerpted from:

VOICES

an anthology of poems
and pictures

the fifth book

edited by
Geoffrey Summerfield

copyright 1969 by Rand McNally & Company

No comments: